Hello church family!
This month I’m asking that you pray for me in a special way. On March 23rd, I will be leaving the USA and heading for the South American country of Ecuador until April 2nd. Late last year I was asked to consider going on this trip for the purpose of offering training seminars for the indigenous pastors of Ecuador. After much prayer, I knew that God was calling me to participate with this trip. I will be traveling and teaching with Pastor Bobby Pell from Northwoods Church. We will be teaching on the doctrines of God, the Bible, Christ, the Holy Spirit, and Angels and Demons. We will likely have around 60 pastors participate in these trainings from all across the country.
This is a humbling opportunity to be a part of, and that is why I ask that you would pray for us as we travel and teach. I wanted to list some of the specific ways that you could partner with me in prayer as we wait to leave and as we are there.
- Pray that God would help us prepare well for these seminars, that we would know what to teach and how to express it in a way that will be most beneficial.
- Pray for our travel to, within, and from Ecuador. There are a lot of logistics that have to go right in order for our travel to be ideal, especially within the country.
- Pray for the pastors who will be attending the training, that nothing would prevent them from attending, that they would be able to comprehend and understand what we are saying, and that we would be able to bond through our shared faith in Christ.
- Pray that we would be able to communicate effectively through our translators who will be aiding us at these seminars.
- Pray that we would not become ill as we travel.
- Pray that God would save people as a result of us traveling and investing in these pastors. Ask for God to work in these Ecuadorian churches and cause the believers to have greater faith in Christ and increased desire to reach those without Christ.
Thank you in advance for lifting this trip up in prayer to God. I am excited to see how He will use this trip for His Glory and the expansion of His Kingdom.
Recommended Resource— The Storm Tossed Family by Russell Moore
Why do our families have so much power over us? In The Storm-Tossed Family, bestselling author Russell Moore teaches readers whether you are married or single, whether you long for a child or are shepherding a full house, you are part of a family. Family is difficult because family—every family—is an echo of the gospel.
Family can be the source of some of the most transcendent human joy, and family can leave us crumpled up on the side of the road. Family can make us who we are, and family can break our hearts. Why would this social arrangement have that much power, for good or for ill, over us?