Pastor of Students
We are searching for a full-time Pastor of Students. Please read the job description and if you are interested send a resume and cover letter to the Lead Pastor, Alan Scott, at .
Job Description - Pastor of Students
- Do you desire to be part of a staff of like-minded pastors?
- Do you desire teamwork and collaboration in ministry?
- Do you desire personal and professional development?
- Do you desire to lead out with your gift mix in your area of ministry?
If you desire these things, then Oakhill Baptist Church may be exactly where God is calling you. Our Lead Pastor has been with us for sixteen years. He has intentionally led our church in calling younger pastors so they can minister effectively in their areas of service while also being developed in their personal gifting for ministry. One of our former associate pastors is now an IMB missionary and another has recently left to fulfill his call as Lead Pastor in another church. God has blessed our church through the years as we have steadily grown. Our church is also blessed to have other skilled associate pastors, a talented administrative staff, and supportive lay elders that help facilitate the ministry of our church.
Is God would be leading you to come and invest in our students while being encouraged and invested in yourself?
Overall Mission and Scope of Position:
The Pastor of Students is responsible for to implement and oversee an effective student ministry that has as its goal the spiritual maturity of our students (middle school, high school, and college age). Along with the students of our church the Pastor of Students will create and sustain an outward focus to reach the teenagers of the Evansville area with the gospel of Christ.
Works alongside the ministerial staff and is accountable to the Lead Pastor and the Elder Leadership Team.
- Lives before God and the world a life that has been transformed by the power of the Gospel.
- Relates to others (staff, congregants, neighbors, etc.) in such a way that the fruit of the Spirit is demonstrated, and everyone is encouraged to become increasingly Christ-like.
- Evidences spiritual maturity and Godly character as outlined in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Agrees with the theological positions found in the Baptist Faith and Message2000.
- Agrees with and supports the constitution and by-laws of Oakhill Baptist Church.
- Has a philosophy of leadership development that encourages teamwork through training, equipping, deploying and reviewing.
- Must be spiritually gifted and called to vocational ministry.
- Must demonstrate the gift of leadership in the local church context.
- Must have formal theological training or be in the process of training.
- Must be able to articulate a clear biblical worldview, and an understanding of biblical counseling
- Must be knowledgeable in student ministry for the purpose of teaching and training others in this field as well.
- Must have the ability to recruit, motivate, train, disciple and equip volunteers for the student ministry of our church.
- Must have the ability to administrate within the local church context.
- Must have attention to detail and an ability to follow through on multiple projects at once.
- Recruit, train, and invest in adult leadership to be partners in youth ministry. This encompasses the teachers, ministry volunteers, and fellowship group leaders.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the students of our church.
- Plan and implement a spiritual growth strategy for the students of Oakhill Baptist Church.
- Facilitate a midweek program that will encourage our students to grow spiritually, worship enthusiastically, and reach out intentionally.
- Personally teach biblically based, student relevant, Bible studies in the midweek format.
- Organize and prioritize small groups as a part of the student ministry strategy.
- Plan a comprehensive student calendar for the year with input from the other volunteer leadership. Part of this calendar would be monthly, intentional, events that will help encourage fellowship and evangelism within the student ministry.
- Plan and facilitate, or participate in existing camps, retreats, and mission trips on an annual basis.
- Complete other tasks or special projects as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Pastoral care responsibilities including counseling, hospital visitation, etc.
- Full-time Salary and benefits.
- Vacation time provided. From 1-4 weeks of vacation will be given dependent upon the candidate’s years of experience and longevity.
- A conference allowance of 10 days will be provided.
- Heath insurance provided
- A computer and cell phone stipend will be provided by the church.